Read more →
Getting Started with Services
Passavant Memorial Homes provides a wide variety of services for individuals with support needs due to mental health and/or intellectual disabilities (mental retardation, autism, related physical disabilities, etc) diagnoses. Mental Retardation and Mental Health Services are administered through each county’s Mental Health/Mental Retardation (MH/MR) program offices. The county MH/MR offices serve as a referral source to Passavant and other service providers.
The county MH/MR office determines a person’s eligibility for service funding and if found eligible, a person will receive a Supports Coordinator. The Supports Coordinator will:
- Talk with you about what kinds of supports and services would be helpful to you.
- Offer you an opportunity to complete an application for the Medicaid Home and Community Based Waiver Program.
- Enroll you in services which require completing applications.
- Help you develop your individual plan.
- Help you talk with individuals or agencies in the community that could support you.
- Coordinate and monitor supports and services.
The Department of Public Welfare Office of Developmental Programs toll-free hotline: 1-888-565-9435. Toll Free TTY Number (telephone for hearing Impaired Only): 1-866-388-1114. Local telephone: 717-265-7427.
A Customer Service representative will answer calls during normal business hours, which are 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Eastern time), Monday through Friday.
*Admissions, the provisions of services, and referrals shall be made without regard to race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin (including Limited English Proficiency), age, or sex. This website is the subject of one or more copyright registrations. Unauthorized copying of all or any of this website may constitute a criminal offense.